Expanded Beam Tactical Fiber Optic Cable Sets
NO FIELD CLEANING
These Expanded Beam Tactical Fiber Optic cable sets are for HARSH military applications, esp. for quick field deployment & retrieval due to reduced size/weight.
Expanded Beam connectors are far more rugged for field applications and pose no cleaning problems as compared to physical contact connectors like MIL38999 or TFOCAII. Based on MIL-C-85045 conformant tactical cable which is extremely strong, lightweight, & rugged. Available in deployable reels.
- MIL-C-85045 Conformant , Optical Cable Corp., USA or equivalent Fiber Optic cable
- Imported Expanded Beam connectors
Expanded beam advantages:
- Hermaphroditic Genderless mating
- Easy to clean in the field.
- Easy to align (repeatable performance)
- Non contact design – highly resistant to dirt as fiber is inside ball lenses
- Vibration resistant
Harsh Environment Applications:
- Radars, Military Systems, Ground Control Systems, Launchers etc.
- Excellent for deployment/retrieval applications like tactical communications.
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions – temperature, humidity, ice, fungus and fluid immersion.
- Rugged fiber optic cable with high tensile load for high survivability in severe crush, impact, vehicle runover,deployment and retrieval conditions.
- Extremely strong, lightweight, rugged, survivable cable design for military use.
- Polyurethane jacketed for abrasion, cut and chemical resistance.