MIL-DTL-38999 Fiber Optic Cable Sets for ‘Harsh’ Use
MIL38999 connectors based fiber optics Cable Sets are for HARSH environment military & naval applications. Based on MIL-C-85045 conformant tactical fiber optic cable which is extremely strong, lightweight & rugged. Also ideal for quick field deployment/rollback due to reduced size and weight. Available in deployable reel.
This highly advanced style connector demonstrates exceptional performance in harsh and demanding optical applications especially in military environments like Radars, Military Systems, Ground Control Systems, Launchers where there is a constant fear of being run-over by heavy vehicles. In addition to these features this fiber optic cable/connector is very light in weight and easy to deploy anywhere with ease.
This rugged 38999 connector is available for use with small-core single mode fiber, polarization-maintaining (PM) fiber, and other specialty fiber types.
Some of the technical features are just worth mentioning:
- As per MIL standards up to 4 channels on size 13 shells.
- It comes in standard 2.5mm PC and APC version with integrated spring to prevent termini separation.
- High and steady ER when terminated with Polarizing maintaining (PM) optical fiber.
- Ideal for tight cable and semi loose cable/fibre construction.
- Polyurethane jacketed for abrasion, cut and chemical resistance.
- Ideal for several types of fibers like as Multi-Mode, Single-Mode, Polarization Maintaining, Small Core fibers.
- Hybrid, E/O termini. Electrical pins 20 AWG.
Harsh environment applications:
- Radars, Military Systems, Ground Control Systems, Launchers etc.
- Excellent for deployment/retrieval applications like tactical communications.
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions – temperature, humidity, ice, fungus and fluid immersion.
- Rugged fiber optic cable with high tensile load for high survivability in severe crush,impact,vehicle runover, deployment and retrieval conditions.
- Extremely strong, lightweight, rugged, survivable cable design for military use.
- Polyurethane jacketed for abrasion, cut and chemical resistance